Wednesday, October 31, 2007

COLORS!

I love colors! One of the reasons I have become such a knitting junkie is because there are so many beautiful hand dyed colors. Like many others, the phenomena of the yarn magically changing color as it passes through my hands (i.e. self-striping or variegated) is more than enough to keep me entertained for hours.

I'll admit, that I also love how yarn feels and how knitted material feels. Seeing and feeling how each new yarn behaves with each new pattern is definitely part of the fun...but the colors are a big part of it.

For the past week, I've been getting to play with colors without the yarn. We've just bought our very first house (We closed yesterday!) and now we get to paint it lots of pretty colors; sage green for the living room; a cranberry color in the kitchen; a bright light peachy color for the laundry room; a creamy coffee color for the dining room; a deep smoky blue in one bedroom; a smoky plum in another; and a dusty brick color in the third...Ok, I'll stop now, but I could go on and on and on. Tomorrow, after weeks of deciding, we're taking the plunge and buying the paint. Weeeee!

Having never painted before, I'm doing lots a reading, but I'm still prepared to SUCK and have to do stuff over. Fortunately, my husband and then later his dad, will hopefully help me suck less and get more done. Yay color! Yay non-white walls! I'll post pix when we're done.

PS I almost forgot...Happy Halloween! No trick-or-treaters visited our temporary apartment which is a bummer, cuz I bought a good amount of yummy chocolate candy that is now calling my name from across the room. I also got a bundle of baby pumpkins cuz they were too cute to pass up.

That's my toe (in my favorite hand-knit slipper sox) added for scale. I'm talking tiny pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment